Forno Bravo mobile pizza ovens create a world of possibilities for owning your own food truck or pizza trailer.
Forno Bravo’s mobile pizza ovens have been used to pioneer the pizza trailer catering business since 2004. Many restaurant owners started in the mobile pizza oven business catering small to large events with a wood fired pizza oven trailer using a Forno Bravo pizza oven.
There are many ways to approach opening your very own mobile pizza oven business, and Forno Bravo wants to help you on this journey.
For ease of navigation, click on a topic below to navigate this page:
Why Forno Bravo mobile pizza ovens in general
Forno Bravo modular pizza ovens are ideal for pizza trailers for several reasons:
Our oven domes are made with fiber reinforced commercial grade refractory material which increases structural strength. Unlike clay or brick ovens, our mobile pizza oven domes can withstand the rigors of life on the road.
Our interlocking dome design provides industry leading heat retention as opposed to traditional brick ovens or “butt-joint” designs which break apart over time and allow heat loss.
Our ceramic fiber insulation provides better insulation (2 to 1 over vermiculite) allowing you to save space, weight and retain heat longer than traditional vermiculite / concrete mixed hearths.
We control our own product, made in the USA in Salinas, CA, you don’t have to wait months for spare parts or warranty items, we stand behind our product.
Mobile pizza ovens for trailers
Forno Bravo mobile pizza ovens have been used in a wide variety of pizza trailers. Whether through a Forno Bravo partner who specializes in mobile pizza trailers, a preferred trailer integrator near you or a do it yourself pizza trailer project, we offer a variety of modular pizza oven kits for your business.
Professionale TE commercial pizza oven kit:
The Professionale TE commercial pizza oven kit is our most popular mobile pizza oven option. It is Available in two sizes, 44″ and 48″ internal cooking surfaces. Its’ stainless steel throat and integral vent design is several hundred pounds lighter than the traditional brick and mortar Professionale OK commercial pizza oven kit making it ideal for trailers looking to reduce weight on axles without sacrificing oven dome and thermal mass required for small pizzerias.
Key features include:
- Available in two sizes: 44″ and 48″ interior cooking round;
- Stainless steel oven throat with UL103HT rated chimney anchor plate for easy connection;
- 3″ oven dome using commercial grade refractory with integral vent landing;
- Firebrick 2.5″ cooking floor that is NSF-4 certified for use with food;
- 4″ ceramic fiber insulation blanket for side dome and 6″ above oven dome;
- 4″ ceramic fiber insulation board under oven dome;
- High temperature mortar;
- Double wall insulated door with thermometer;
The Professionale TE commercial pizza oven kit is the product of choice for The Fire Within, an industry leading seller of turnkey pizza trailers.
Mobile pizza ovens for food trucks
Forno Bravo’s modular pizza oven kits can be used in food trucks in the same way as they are for brick and mortar pizzerias and mobile trailers. A key difference is that food trucks typically can bare more weight so customer’s opt for the traditional Professionale OK commercial pizza oven kit or Modena OK commercial pizza oven kit.
Fully assembled commercial ovens are an option, but only when working with a professional integrator like Apex Specialty Vehicle or other Forno Bravo Dealer partners. Our stands are not designed for mobile applications and need to have a professional integrator create the support structure necessary to handle up to a 7,000 lb oven.
Many of these companies offer a turnkey mobile food truck with complete kitchen and financing options.
Forno Bravo mobile pizza oven partners
Forno Bravo partners with industry leading specialty vehicle companies. Whether you are looking for a food truck or mobile pizza trailer, Forno Bravo pizza ovens can be purchased as a turnkey product. We highly recommend contacting one of our partners before deciding to do a self help trailer or work with an inexperienced trailer integrator. There is liability associated with building your own pizza trailer and there is nothing worse than starting your dream business and having an unfortunate accident and lawsuit wipe you out.
Another advantage of working with a Forno Bravo partner Dealer like the Fire Within is they offer training, business seminars and financing options. A true partner for your business to help make you successful.
To learn more about the Fire Within, click here.
To find a Dealer partner, you can visit our Dealer locator by clicking here.
Wood Fired University
The Fire Within, a long time Dealer partner of Forno Bravo provides a world class seminar and training experience for aspiring mobile pizzerias. Taught by people who do this for a living, learn how to run your new business like a pro Il Pizzaiolo.
Wood Fired University is designed to walk you through all of the stages of starting your own wood fired pizza oven catering business. You will learn specific preparation and cooking techniques used in the catering business as well as how to take your hobby and create a business strategy around it. Practice using the equipment and techniques proven for success in the mobile pizza catering business and receive advice from professionals in the field. Real mobile caterers from across the US will teach you how to take your passion for pie and turn it into a successful business strategy. No previous experience necessary. If you are advanced consider attending their optional culinary intensive.
To learn more, check out Wood Fired University at the Fire Within website.
Co-marketing with Forno Bravo
Forno Bravo offers a wide variety of co-marketing opportunities for our commercial customers ready to open their first pizzeria (or a chain). These services are all free, you only need to inquire.
- Wood Fired Cooking Near You – a restaurant, catering and cooking school locator to help our visitors who want to experience wood fired cooking;
- Forno Bravo Newsroom – a platform for doing announcements that goes out to thousands of journalists and bloggers throughout North America. Ideal for someone launching a new restaurant concept, or organizing a story of interest they would like picked up;
- Community Cookbook – many mobile caterers, cooking school chefs and other professionals like to brag in our community cookbook by showing off some recipes. If you are interested in posting officially, feel free to contact us about becoming an official contributor;
- Pizza Quest wth Peter Reinhart – Forno Bravo is the exclusive oven sponsor for Pizza Quest, an industry centric platform with world re-known author, culinary instructor and chef Peter Reinhart. Peter cooperates with many leaders in the pizza industry to provide rich content for the site. If you are interested in participating or sponsoring Pizza Quest, please let us know;
- Blog – tell your story about becoming a mobile pizza caterer and share it in the Forno Bravo Blog, with millions of site visits and a readership over 80,000.
Forno Bravo representatives
Mobile pizza caterers are ideal brand ambassadors for Forno Bravo pizza ovens. Some of our customers become Dealers or outside sales representatives for Forno Bravo. If this interests you, use the contact form at the bottom of the page and send us an email.
Mobile pizza oven financing
Forno Bravo works with QuickSpark financial services to provide small cap financing options at competitive rates. To learn more and apply, click here. All information shared with QuickSpark is confidential and Forno Bravo is not privy to your financial background.