Wood Fired Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta with Chef MarshallApr 12, 2017Posted by Chef MarshallPrint
In our third episode, we treat ourselves to Marshall’s delicious spicy Italian sausage pasta cooked in a Bella wood fired oven!
Learn More About Our Bella Wood Fired Ovens
This recipe brings together smooth, spicy, salty, and cheesy flavors in an easy one-pot dish for a quick afternoon meal. As a home-style dish, all quantities are approximate and can be adapted to your food and spiciness preferences.
- 4 Cups Cooked Pasta - Tubes or other shape cooked to al dente (medium)
- 2-3 Tbsp Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil - See link below for instructions
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Infused Olive Oil - See link below for instructions
- 1/2 Cup bacon - Chopped
- 3 Large Links Spicy Italian Sausage - Casing on or off (your preference)
- 1 red pepper - Sliced into strips
- 2-4 Cloves roasted garlic - See link below for instructions
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch Pink Sea Salt
- crushed red pepper flakes - From a pinch to a tsp+ depending on preferred level of heat
- 3 Large Leaves fresh basil - Julienne sliced for final garish
Always use towels and tongs when working with a hot pan coming out of the oven. Safety is key! The pan will be EXTREMELY hot.
You can go heavy on the roasted garlic cloves because the wood-fired roasting process gives them a very mellow, rich flavor.
Click here for the recipe and videos showing how to make infused oils and roasted garlic.