Wood Fired Basil ShrimpApr 11, 2018Posted by guestchefPrint
First, take seasoned, sizzling shrimp straight from your wood fired oven, then toss it with butter and basil! Add a little lemon & garnish and voila! Quick, simple, delicious and done! This shrimp recipe from Gerry Speirs of Foodness Gracious makes a fantastic appetizer, or you can pair it with rice or pasta for the main course!
…Plus, it’s a smart way to maximize your hot oven to serve up another entree for your guests.
- Get the recipe below, or visit the Foodness Gracious website for the original presentation HERE.
- Learn more about Gerry and his Napolino Wood Fired Oven in our introductory blog HERE.
- You can find several of Gerry’s wood fired pizza recipes in our Community Cookbook like this yummy, “Chicken and Pancetta Pizza.”
Wood Fired Basil Shrimp
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz salted butter softened
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves Apx. amount
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon quartered
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Defrost the shrimp if frozen, rinse, and pat dry.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and add the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, toss well.
- In a food processor, blend the butter and basil until well combined.
- Place a heavy cast iron skillet into your Forno Bravo oven and let it heat up until very hot.
- Add some olive oil and the shrimp to the skillet and place back into the oven.
- Cook for about 3 minutes mixing the shrimp around to cook evenly.
- Add 3 good-sized Tbsp of the basil butter to the skillet and toss making sure the shrimp get well coated in the butter.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired.