Chicken and Pancetta PizzaSep 15, 2020Posted by guestchefPrint
It’s easy to overthink – and over top – a wood fired pizza. Too much cheese, too many flavors, too much weight can all bog down the dough and reduce the crust’s oven spring, making it greasy or flat (or difficult to slide off the peel, resulting in a pizza disaster. Yikes!)
This yummy pizza combination was contributed by guest chef and Forno Bravo oven owner, Gerry Speirs at Foodness Gracious, and is none of those things. It hits just the right notes of “Enough, but not too much!” It’s full of flavor, but light enough to really taste the crust too; easy to assemble, but with upscale ingredients that go beyond the basics. We think you will love it as much as we do. Enjoy!
Chicken and Pancetta Pizza
- 1 12 oz dough ball
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Fontina Cheese - Grated
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast - Thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup pancetta - Diced
- 1/2 Cup red onion - Sliced
- fresh basil
- Prepare your ingredients and preheat your oven to approx. 600 degrees F.
- Roll or stretch the dough out to your preferred size, around 8-10 inches wide.
- Spread the sauce over the surface.
- Evenly sprinkle the Fontina cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add some slices of chicken on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the Pancetta on top (either finely diced for a quick bake, or dice and sautee it in advance for a crispier texture.) Follow with the red onion.
- Bake in your pizza oven for about 3-4 minutes, making sure to turn the pizza often and cook evenly.
- Garnish with some fresh basil leaves. Let rest for a few minutes before cutting for best results.