Wood Fired Roasted VegetablesSep 17, 2019Posted by guestchefPrint
This yummy fall recipe is from our Forno Bravo dealer/installer friends at The ARCH Architectural Finishes, Flooring and More.
“The cooler evenings are perfect for roasting, grilling, baking, and watching the glow! Enjoy this Sunday-night side dish of roasted vegetables made in our Forno Bravo Casa2G90 wood fired oven.”
*Chef’s Note: Timing is everything with this recipe. You will be cooking similar items together in a progression, so that everything comes out done at the same time. This is a free-hand recipe where you can use any type of vegetable that you have on hand to make a custom side dish your family will enjoy.
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup carrots Peeled & sliced 1/2" thick (apx.)
- 1 Cup Small Potatoes Fingerling or gold (wash; skins can be left on) - cut as needed
- 1 Cup sweet potatoes Peeled and chopped into 1/2" to 1" pieces
- 1 small - medium onion Sliced or course chopped, as preferred
- 1/2 Cup squash Course chopped
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms Sliced into thick sections
- 3/4 Cup peppers Remove seeds and course chop or cut into slices
- 3 Corn on the Cob Shucked and cut in half or thirds
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or diced
- handful cherry tomatoes Cut in half
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Other Seasonings as desired
Optional: Drizzle with a balsamic vinegar glaze before serving for a bit of zing!
Chopping and preparing all of your ingredients up front (the French call this "Mise en place" or "putting in place / everything in its place") makes assembly of the dish super easy. You can focus on your main course, and just give the veggies a toss or stir as they cook, and when the first layer has softened, pop in the subsequent layers to finish it up.
Cook times will vary based on your combination of vegetables and oven temperature. Plan for 20 - 40 min on average. (Longer if you use more root vegetables, shorter is you use soft vegetables.)