Pizza Talk: Tony Gemignani, Part 2
Tony Gemignani is a rock star in the pizza universe and has done so much to help elevate the quality of pizza throughout the world. I call him “The Mozart of Pizza” because he is so proficient — a master, actually — in every style. In this two part interview, he shares with us his story, drive, vision, and competitive spirit. It’s been ten years since we filmed with him, shortly after he opened Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco, and a lot has happened since then, as you will hear and see in these two sessions. I found it especially interesting to see how much Tony has moved ever deeper into the mentorship and coaching role he now embraces after having accomplished so many of his own personal goals. He is definitely a charter member in our Pizza Yodi Council. Enjoy this lively conversation, in which we just scratch the surface of Tony’s never-ending quest in pursuit of greatness. I can’t wait to continue the conversation with him in the future….
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com