Pizza Talk: Chris Bianco; Soulfulness, part 1
Chris Bianco is, quite possibly, the most beloved pizza maker in America. His nearly mythical ascent within the artisan community was not by any design or marketing campaign but, and this is just my opinion (perhaps shared by many of you), because of an authentic soulfulness that has touched and influenced thousands of people over the past 20+ years. It certainly was not by intentional design because, let’s face it, who would have predicted a pizzeria in Phoenix, Arizona could break from the pack and become the gold standard and poster child of the artisan pizza movement? How and why did it all happen, and what do I mean by soulfulness? Find out in this two-part interview with the founder of Pizzeria Bianco, the man himself, Chris Bianco.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
- Special Pizza Brunch in Winston Salem
- A Conversation with Chef John Ash, The Godfather of Wine Country Cuisine, on His New Book
- Tony Gemignani on the SF Pizza, Beer, and Bagel Festival and Much More!
- Meathead Goldwyn: The Art and Science of Barbecue and Grilling
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com