International Symposium on Bread is This Week
This is a crazy week for me so I won’t be posting anything new, other than to let you know that on Wednesday I will be hosting about 100 people at the third annual Johnson & Wales University International Symposium on Bread (also known as On the Rise). Since it hasn’t happened yet I don’t have any photos to post, but I’ll put up one from the first event, back in 2017. Then, after it ends, I’ll be back next week with a short recap and some photos of the incredible breads I foresee emerging from the workshops. Till then, please keep checking back for a recap.
I’ll end today with what I call the “Baker’s Blessing.” May your crust be crisp and your bread always rise!”
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 11: Nathan Myhrvold and Modernist Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Episode 10: Is Buckwheat the Next New Thing? A Conversation with Karen Getz, of Maine Crisp
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com