Wood-fired Banana BreadOct 24, 2023Posted by Forno BravoPrint
Introducing a mouthwatering delight: Wood-Fired Banana Bread. This recipe blends the sweetness of ripe bananas with a hint of cinnamon, then bakes it to perfection in a wood-fired oven. The result? A heavenly taste that will blow your socks off.
Thanks to Jaiai Colognese, a phenomenal cook and food stylist for providing this recipe. Follow her below:
Wood-fired Banana Bread
Sugar and Butter
- 340 g Sugar
- 300 g Butter
- 242 g Plain yogurt
- 200 g eggs
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 400 g ap flour You can substitute with 230g ap + 120g whole wheat or Spelt flour
- 2 tsb Baking soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Banana
Bananas and Walnuts
- 450 g Ripe banana (4-5) - pureed in food processor
- 10 oz Walnut pieces
- 3.2 oz Flour
- 1.4 oz Sugar
- 2 oz Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3.2 oz Butter
- Cream the butter and sugar on high speed in a stand mixer.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Alternating between wet and dry, add all ingredients into the mixer.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour the mix into a a pre-greased/floured 9" pan loaf molds (or any similar-sized bakeware of your choice)
- Sprinkle the crumb topping generously over the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes depending on the type of bakeware you use.