Easy Sheet Pan Tomato Herb PizzaMar 31, 2021Posted by guestchefPrint
Ready for a change from Neapolitan pizza? Try a Sicilian(-ish) style pan pizza from Half Baked Harvest in your wood fired oven instead! Tieghan Gerard is the creator of this dish that she bakes in her Casa2G90 pizza oven. It can also be baked in a standard oven set to its hottest temperature. With a deeper square crust, a flavorful, roasted tomato sauce, 3 kinds of cheese, pepperoni, basil, and a vibrant garlic herb blend to cap it off, your taste buds won’t know what to do with themselves! This pizza comes out rich and decadent and is best devoured hot and fresh from the oven.
Because the crust is a bit thicker, it needs to cook a little longer than a Neapolitan pizza, but it is also easy to handle on its tray, and is a great way to use up fresh herbs and tomatoes from your garden.
CLICK HERE for Tieghan’s full blog, preparation tips, and a breakdown of the steps in this recipe.
Prefer to watch a video of making this recipe? Click the image below!
|6 servings||30 min|
A Sicilian-style pizza made with fresh pizza dough topped with roasted cherry tomato sauce, three kinds of cheese, pepperoni, house style “pizza seasoning” and fresh garden basil.
- 1/2 pound pizza dough - homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes - or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic - 2 whole smashed, 2 grated
- 2 tsp fig preserves - or honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves - or 2 tsp dried
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil - chopped, plus more for serving (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano - chopped, (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1-2 tsp fennel seeds - use to your taste
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella - shredded
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan or asiago cheese - grated
- 3 oz pepperoni - sliced
This recipe is designed for being made and baked in a quarter sheet pan. You can use this pan in both a wood fired oven and a conventional oven.