Dessert Pizza with Mascarpone and FruitFeb 17, 2019Posted by Chef BartPrint
Here is the recipe for the Dessert Pizza we made at 10 Speed Press. It is an after-dinner treat to share with your lucky someone. With a hint of lemon and nuts in the dough, the smooth richness of Mascarpone cheese, and the sweetness of fruit and powdered sugar, this delicacy is sure to please!
Originally introduced to the Forno Bravo Community Cookbook in 2011, this recipe is still a favorite today!
Dessert Pizza with Mascarpone
Dessert Pizza Dough
- 500 gr Caputo pizza flour
- 300 gr water 60% hydration
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 rind lemon the lemon gives the dough a nice, tangy flavor that comes through on the finished dessert
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- powdered sugar
- crème fraiche
- fresh fruit
- Make your dough as you would regular pizza dough, and then shape into four dough balls.
- Shape each ball into 6’-7’ rounds, leaving finger impressions. Keep them thick (like a fat, little Focaccia.)
- Cover with olive oil, and then top with 6-8 dollops of Mascarpone. You don’t have to spread them out. Top that with 2 Tbs of pine nuts.
- Bake in an oven that has fallen from high pizza heat to around 600ºF, with a live fire.
- Remove from the oven and quarter or halve the pizza. Then top with crème fraiche and powdered sugar. Add fresh fruit of your choice to the very top.