Damascene pizzasSep 07, 2014Posted by guestchefPrint
These pizzas from Damascus are not regionally known as pizzas. In essence, they are nothing but pizzas; they are even very similar to the Neapolitan pizza having the thin dough, and cook exactly like it in a minute or so in a WFO. However, they are not (regionally) known as pizzas but are named individually.
This is a picture of the pizzas homemade by me and my wife today.
- 1/2 kg lamb ground TWICE on the FINEST meat grinder blade
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate syrup made by evaporating and concentrating pomegranate juice for several hours on a very low heat
- 1 onion handful size
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- 1 tbsp spices cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, pepper, cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pine nuts garnishing
- dough additives corn oil, yogurt (not added here)
- Zatar + olive oil (readymade oregano blend)