Cold Grilled EggplantDec 19, 2011Posted by Forno BravoPrint
Cold Grilled Eggplant
- 2 eggplants
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Cheese ball of fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs basil slivered
- Fire the oven until hot. This dish uses high heat to sear the eggplant.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2’ slices (they have to be the same thickness to cook evenly).
- Salt the eggplant and let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse well, then brush with olive oil (an actual brush works best).
- Grill the eggplant on a hot grill pan in a hot oven until brown and cooked through.
- Grill the whole pepper, and put it in a brown bag to sweat. When it is cool, remove the skin, core, and slice.
- Place eggplant and peppers in layers on your serving dish. Coat with the mixed oil and vinegars and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Top with mozzarella, a little more olive oil, and the basil.