Pizza Talk: The Yodi’s are Back with Dueling Calzones
John Arena and Brian Spangler, our Pizza Yodi’s, both passionately love calzones, so they decided to have a little throw down in this episode and show us two distinct ways to make a traditional calzone: baked and deep fried. As always with the Yodi’s, this episode is like a Master Class in technique, history, and context (did you know that the word refers to a pair of baggy pants? I didn’t). Lots to love about this episode and, most likely, you will all be craving a calzone after watching these two pizza giants show us how it’s done.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com