Pizza Talk: Philip Korshak — From Pizza Quest to Bagel Quest
Phil Korshak is one of my favorite people. I interviewed him a few years ago on Pizza Quest and it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I ever did. Here’s a link to it if you want to check it out and be thoroughly entertained. But that was then and this is now and Phil has moved on, from Austin, TX, where he ran the legendary Home Slice Pizza, with an interim layover in Minneapolis, and now, he’s smack dab in the heart of South Philly’s Italian Market neighborhood. But somewhere along the line the notion of a creating a world class, perfect bagel grabbed hold of him and he relentlessly went after it and, now, he’s left pizza behind and is about to open Korshak’s Bagels. See and hear all about Philip Korshak’s latest heroic journey on this new episode of Pizza Talk.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk: Derrick Tung — The Paulie Gee of Chicago
- Pizza Talk: Stephanie Swane, Publisher of Modernist Bread and, Coming Soon, Modernist Pizza
- Pizza Talk: Mike Kurtz, the Creator of Mike’s Hot Honey
- Pizza Box of the Week #18: The Zombies From Hell
- Pizza Talk: Derek Sanchez and the Journey of a Healer Turned World Pizza Champion
- Pizza Talk: Nicole Russell, The Last Dragon’s Amazing Pizza Adventure!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com