Pizza Talk: Audrey Jane’s Pizza Garage; The Journey from Bagels to Pizza
Audrey Jane Kelly is one of the fastest rising stars in the pizza universe. Her pizzeria in Boulder, CO, which started as a small slice shop, now includes a number of other styles, including her signature Grandma-style tribute pizza, The Patty. In this episode, Audrey takes us on her journey, beginning as a kid in a family-owned bagel business all the way to becoming a member of the World Pizza Champions and, along with her husband, establishing their destination pizzeria in Boulder. Like so many in the business, Audrey Jane’s Pizza Garage has made the pivot and is successfully reinventing itself to adapt to the new normal. Find out how they did it in this episode of Pizza Talk.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest: Anthony Mangieri, with Big News About His New Line of Frozen Pizzas
- Pizza Quest: Author Ron Costello on The Hill (Where Both He and Peter Grew Up)
- Pizza Quest: Bill Crawford, Winner of the Real California Pizza Contest
- Pizza Quest: Bagels with the Yodi’s
- Announcing My New Class at Pizza University
- Pizza Quest: Bagel’s Are Back! Featuring The Owner’s of Kismet Bagels
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com