Pizza Quest: “By Bread Alone,” with Kendall Vanderslice
Welcome back to Pizza Quest. In this episode we continue to expand the scope of Pizza Quest to include a focus more on the quest than on the pizza. Bread, as many of you know, is the uber-mensch in my own quest, of which pizza is a delightful sub-set. Lately, more and more authors have added their own words and thoughts to the multi-dimensional sense of meaning embodied by bread. Kendall Vanderslice (oh what a perfect name) is one of them. A theologian based in Durham, NC, Kendall shares with us here her own journey and reflections on bread as an iconic window into better understanding hunger, longing, and the goodness of God.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, with guest Ed Zimmerman on The Real California Pizza Contest Results
- Pizza Quest, with guest Wylie Dufresne of Stretch Pizza in NYC
- Pizza Quest: The Pizza Quest Online Pizza Course, with Director Kyle Ahlgren of ABC Online
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
- Special Pizza Brunch in Winston Salem
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com