Pizza Box of the Week #22: Slice of the ’80’s Pizza
Yes, in Westland and Livonia Michigan there is a pizzeria group called Slice of the ’80’s, and Scott Wiener takes us there via this new box, recently added to his world record collection. No only do we get to enjoy their wonderful box art, with it’s nostalgic look back to an era many of either lived through or can’t remember that we lived through, but Scott calls them on the phone, right in the middle of our recording session. We get to hear directly from the pizzeria about their Where’s Waldo mural and posters, before we start our own recollections of favorite movies from that era. Play along and enjoy this blast from the past on this week’s Pizza Box of the Week.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com