Webisode, Part Two: The Bacon and Egg Pizza
I’m back with Part Two of the dough making demo as well as the Bacon and Egg Pizza that we made with the dough during the Forno Bravo Wood-Fired Oven Expo in Salinas, CA. If you haven’t watched Part One, scroll down to the previous posting. Note, this is a very basic Neapolitan-style dough, with no sugar or oil added. However, in the recipe posted here, you will see more details. Also, you do have the option of adding 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dough. I recommend this option if baking in a home oven that doesn’t reach the higher temperature range of a wood-fired oven, as it will promote browning and tenderness during the longer oven time in a home oven. So, depending on your situation, feel free to use either variation. Most important, though: you will have a great pizza either way!
Keep checking back here for more postings. Till then, may your pizzas all be perfect!
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com