Pizza Talk, Tony Gemignani, Part 1
Tony Gemignani is a rock star in the pizza universe and has done so much to help elevate the quality of pizza throughout the world. I call him “The Mozart of Pizza” because he is so proficient — a master, actually — in every style. In this two part interview, he shares with us his story, drive, vision, and competitive spirit. It’s been ten years since we filmed with him, shortly after he opened Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco, and a lot has happened since then, as you will hear and see in these two sessions. I found it especially interesting to see how much Tony has moved ever deeper into the mentorship and coaching role he now embraces after having accomplished so many of his own personal goals. He is definitely a charter member in our Pizza Yodi Council. Enjoy this lively conversation, in which we just scratch the surface of Tony’s never-ending quest in pursuit of greatness. I can’t wait to continue the conversation with him in the future….
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 1: “Pizza Quest,” the book!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 13: The Sourdough Club, Vanessa Kimbell
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 12: The Cheese Dude Returns!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 11: Nathan Myhrvold and Modernist Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Episode 10: Is Buckwheat the Next New Thing? A Conversation with Karen Getz, of Maine Crisp
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com