Pizza Talk: Sourdough Pizza with Dan and the Yodi’s’s, Part 2
Now that Dan Richer has joined the Yodi discussion with John Arena and Brian Spangler it was inevitable that we’d see one of his doughs in action. This time around he makes a pizza in his home kitchen using his signature method of sourdough starter with a small spike of commercial yeast. In future episodes we’ll be meeting with other great pizza makers who have moved into the sourdough sector but, at this time in history, Razza Pizzeria reigns supreme and, well, Dan is the Man. So, we’ll keep bringing him back at various times to continue “peeling back the onion” on this fascinating topic.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk: Chris Bianco and Rob Dinapoli, Together!
- Pizza Talk: The Legendary Paulie Gee
- Pizza Talk: Kelly Whitaker, James Beard Award Chef Finalist and Pizzaiolo Extraordinaire
- Pizza Talk: Sourdough Pizza with Dan and the Yodi’s’s, Part 2
- Pizza Talk: Sourdough Pizza: The Yodi’s Meet with Dan Richer
- Pizza Talk: Sourdough Pizza with Dan Richer and Razza
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com