Pizza Talk: Kelly Whitaker, James Beard Award Chef Finalist and Pizzaiolo Extraordinaire
When Kelly Whitaker first appeared on Pizza Quest many years ago in a number of fabulous webisodes, we predicted.a James Beard Award in his future. Well, the time is drawing nigh, as Kelly is now a finalist for this year’s Beard Awards, which will be announced in September. Hear all about it, also about his proprietary pizza flour blend and relationships with local growers and millers, and all that has occurred since we last made a pizza together to take to The Great American Beer Festival to pair with a one of a kind beer from The Bruery. (For the first part of the long story arc, click here if you’d like relive the early stages of adventure with us, and then go to the webisode section of PizzaQuest to page 6 of the archive, and watch the whole arc from beginning to end.)
Join us in the amazing journey of one of the best and brightest chefs in the Boulder/Denver area.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 5: Ji Hye Kim, Korean Cuisine Re-imagined in Ann Arbor
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 4: Pizza Champion Tommy Garnick’s Artisan Journey in the Desert
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 3: Marc Forgione, From Iron Chef to Peasant
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 2: Alan Cahn, The Transformation-Meister
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 1: “Pizza Quest,” the book!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 13: The Sourdough Club, Vanessa Kimbell
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com