Bruery-Basta Dinner Pairing and Pizza Throw-Down
After all the prelude webisodes you’ve been watching, things are starting to heat up as we now head into the main story. This segment contains the moment when we threw down the gauntlet and asked Patrick Rue, world famous brewmeister and owner of The Bruery, not knowing if he’d go for it, if he would be willing to create a beer inspired by a pizza that we would make. But there’s a terrific discussion that happened first, as you will see, in which Kelly Whitaker and Al Henkin, of Basta, share their thoughts on pairings for the big Beer Dinner they were hosting, featuring six different Bruery beers. You’ll hear terms like “unfiltered bottle conditioned beer,” “Orchard White with Lavender,” and such. I have to say, it was exciting just being in the middle of it all.
We’ll have more webisodes to follow that continue the unfolding story, and you’ll see little teases in this one of our subsequent trip to the Bruery in Southern California, so sit back and enjoy the throw-down!
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com