New Webisode, John Arena and His Pompeii Pizza
We’re back with another session featuring the great John Arena. In this segment, John gives us more common sense pizza philosophy and tips on wood vs. metal peels, as well as showing us how to make a simple tribute pizza to ancient Pompeii, destroyed (and preserved in volcanic ash) by the Mt. Vesuvius eruption about 2,000 years ago. As always, John always teaches us something we didn’t already know, such as the use of “garam,” a fermented fish paste used in the ancient the Roman empire, and how to recreate those flavors in a vibrant pesto-like anchovy sauce. The learning never stops here on Pizza Quest, so enjoy this, Part Two of our John Arena episodes.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
- Special Pizza Brunch in Winston Salem
- A Conversation with Chef John Ash, The Godfather of Wine Country Cuisine, on His New Book
- Tony Gemignani on the SF Pizza, Beer, and Bagel Festival and Much More!
- Meathead Goldwyn: The Art and Science of Barbecue and Grilling
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com