International Symposium on Bread
I’m a little behind on posting, as I’ve been immersed in the second annual International Symposium on Bread (nicknamed, “On the Rise 2”). I just received the photo files from our photographer today and haven’t had time to write up a recap, but that all will be coming soon, so please check back in a few days.
Also, this weekend is the 14th Annual Asheville Bread Festival, this year being held at New Belgium Brewery in Asheville. So, I should have two recaps to post about and will do so as soon as I can. If you can make it on Saturday, the bakers’ showcase goes from 10 AM to 1 PM at New Belgium, with classes and workshops throughout the day. For more details, go to their website at: http://www.ashevillebreadfestival.com/ . I’ll be presenting at 12 noon, along with Joe and Caroline Lindley on sprouted grains. Lots of great bakers and great breads, cheeses, and beer (liquid bread). Hope to see you there.
More about all of this as soon as I come up for air…..
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com