Pizza Talk: Will Grant and Sourdough Pizza
Will Grant burst on the culinary scene about 4 years ago when he started winning competitions with pizzas made on his 100% sourdough crust, whose starter was cultivated at his pizzeria, That’s a’ Some Pizza, on Bainbridge Island, Washington. The starter is a family legacy and Will is one of several pizza influencers, such as Anthony Mangieri, Dan Richer, Anthony Falco, and others whom we’ve featured here on Pizza Talk, converting others to the use of naturally leavened pizza dough. But Will’s been doing it for a longer time than many of the others even though he’s just now come to prominence, recently representing the USA at the World Pizza Championships. You’ll hear all about Will’s journey, tenacity, his sourdough starter, and, also, his plans for the future in this very special episode of Pizza Talk.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com