Pizza Talk: The Kings of Detroit-Style Pizza, Part 2
I think of Shawn Randazzo and Jeff Smokevich as the Harvard and Yale of Detroit-style pizza (which is a geographically ridiculous analogy — perhaps the Lincoln and the Cadillac of Detroit-style pizza?). You’ll learn why they are the kings of this court over the next few days, as this week we are dedicating all the slots to a series of master classes on Detroit-style pizza by the guys who helped make this style a global phenomenon. In Part 1, Jeff demonstrated the technique he uses at Brown Dog Pizza in Telluride, and also at Blue Pan Pizza in Denver. In this episode, Shawn will demonstrate his classic technique, just the way he does it at his Detroit area restaurants. It is the VPN (or VPD, in this case) of Detroit-style Pizza, if you know what I mean. Watch and learn…..
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk: Derrick Tung — The Paulie Gee of Chicago
- Pizza Talk: Stephanie Swane, Publisher of Modernist Bread and, Coming Soon, Modernist Pizza
- Pizza Talk: Mike Kurtz, the Creator of Mike’s Hot Honey
- Pizza Box of the Week #18: The Zombies From Hell
- Pizza Talk: Derek Sanchez and the Journey of a Healer Turned World Pizza Champion
- Pizza Talk: Nicole Russell, The Last Dragon’s Amazing Pizza Adventure!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com