Pizza Talk: Sarah Minnick and Lovely’s 50-50 in Portland
Sarah Minnick has emerged as one of the important new voices in the artisan pizza movement. She brings a chef’s sensitivities, an artist’s insight (she originally went to Rhode Island School of Design), and a down to earth perspective to everything she makes at her destination restaurant, Lovely’s 50-50, where she has grown a passionate following. In this interview you’ll learn more about her and her vision for pizza and for herself, what exactly Lovely’s 50-50 means, her philosophy of ice cream (a big part of the Lovely’s menu), as well as see her create for us a garden fresh summer squash pizza with four local cheeses, edible flowers, and orange infused olive oil, on a country wheat crust, baked in a tabletop Breville Pizzaiolo Oven.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
- Special Pizza Brunch in Winston Salem
- A Conversation with Chef John Ash, The Godfather of Wine Country Cuisine, on His New Book
- Tony Gemignani on the SF Pizza, Beer, and Bagel Festival and Much More!
- Meathead Goldwyn: The Art and Science of Barbecue and Grilling
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com