Pizza Talk: Sandor Katz, the Yoda of Fermentation
Sandor Katz, aka Sandorkraut, is the most popular go-to guy in the world when it comes to all things fermentation, whether applied to dough, beer, wine, spirit beverages, kombucha, and, especially, pickles and sauerkraut. His book, The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from Around the World, is the “bible” of the fermento universe. Sandor’s work began as a study to determine the extent to which fermented foods could support healing in serious diseases and his workshops, teaching everyday folk about how to ferment just about anything, are legendary. Join us in this fascinating deep-dive into the art, craft, and science of fermentation, as Sandor takes us on a tour of a number of products that he has transformed through this ancient preservation method.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com