Pizza Talk: Massimiliano Saieva and Alex Manzo: The Roman Pizza Academy Part 2
Roman-style pizza, when done right, is destined to be the next big trend now that the Detroit-style wave has tipped over and found its footing. And when I say “done right,” I mean done the way Massimiliano Saieva does it. He and his business partner, Alex Manzo (of Manzo Foods) stole the show the past few years at Pizza Expo and The Northeast Pizza & Pasta Show with their breathtaking renditions of this al taglia style pan pizza, made with super high hydration, an airy crust, and gorgeous, exciting toppings. Massimiliano is the supreme artiste of this style and has been teaching hundreds of others how to do it, so let him show you some of his methods in this very generous Master Class, direct from the Roman Pizza Academy kitchens in Miami, Florida. Prepare to be astonished!
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com