Pizza Talk: Mark and Jenny Bello and Pizza School NYC
The first rule of Pizza School NYC is that you don’t talk about Pizza School. Actually, that’s not true, we’re happy to talk about it, especially with its founders, Mark and Jenny Bello, who have taught thousands (perhaps even 50,000, according to their reckoning) of household cooks how to make great pizza at their Lower East Side pizza school during the past 10 years. We’ll hear all about their journey, how they met and found their pizza path together, and their future plans to create a pizza retreat and salon for creatives like, well, like us. We’ll also see how they make one of their signature pies, with onions and Mike’s Hot Honey called, what else, The Hunion. It’s all here on Pizza Talk!
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 1: “Pizza Quest,” the book!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 13: The Sourdough Club, Vanessa Kimbell
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 12: The Cheese Dude Returns!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 11: Nathan Myhrvold and Modernist Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Episode 10: Is Buckwheat the Next New Thing? A Conversation with Karen Getz, of Maine Crisp
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com