Pizza Talk: Laura Meyer, The Protege’ Comes into Her Own
Laura Meyer has worked with Tony Genignani for many years and is both a protege’ and a prodigy. In this fascinating conversation, Laura talks about her personal journey and the process of finding her own award-winning “voice” while also helping Tony build one of the most important pizza brands and training programs in the world. Laura is also one of a growing number of women stars in the pizza community (and we’ll be meeting with others in the coming episodes). But, suffice it to say, in a world historically dominated by men, Laura can hold her own as a star in her own right, and represents the next generation of future pizza yodi’s as a link in the transmission of knowledge for those who follow after her.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 5: Ji Hye Kim, Korean Cuisine Re-imagined in Ann Arbor
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 4: Pizza Champion Tommy Garnick’s Artisan Journey in the Desert
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 3: Marc Forgione, From Iron Chef to Peasant
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 2: Alan Cahn, The Transformation-Meister
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 1: “Pizza Quest,” the book!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 13: The Sourdough Club, Vanessa Kimbell
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com