Pizza Talk: Jonathan Goldsmith, il Padrone, Spacca Napoli, part 3
Jonathan Goldsmith is beloved in the pizza community for many reasons, not least of which is the extraordinary pizza he and his team make at Chicago’s landmark Spacca Napoli pizzeria. We first interviewed Jonathan on Pizza Quest back in 2018, so if you’d like to read it (highly advised) go to https://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/?s=jonathan+goldsmith&submit=Search . But, in this new Pizza Talk 3-part interview Jonathan, who is affectionately known at the restaurant as il Padrone, takes us deep into his lifelong journey. Like many of us, he had a full life outside of pizza, both in the USA and in Italy, before following his bliss in a dramatic “act two” plot twist, down the deep rabbit hole of true Neapolitan pizza. Stay with this for all three parts of this fascinating interview to hear about a life well-lived in pursuit of fulfillment on many levels.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com