Pizza Talk: John Gutekanst, The Pizza Goon Renaissance Man!
The Pizza Goon lives! John Gutekanst, owner of Avalanche Pizza in Athens, Ohio, and whose blog, The Pizza Goon is only one of his alter ego’s, is, to my mind, one of the true Renaissance men of the pizza and culinary community. In this lively conversation and demo, John takes us deep into his creative process, shares some recipes and culinary history, as well giving us a glimpse of his generous spirit and determination to make the world a better place. Where does he get his boundless energy and desire to serve? Learn all about it here in this enlivening Pizza Talk interview.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com