Pizza Talk: Guy Frenkel, the “Mythical” CEOR, is in The House
Many of you probably already follow him on social media, where his photos of his amazing, inspirational breads have helped pushed the boundaries regarding the possibilities of artisan bread. CEOR means “sourdough” in Hebrew, and Guy Frenkel is Ceor, the man behind the curtain. But, now he has a new project– two actually. The first involves Guy’s vision to do for simple pita bread what he’s done for crusty hearth breads — push the envelope. The other is his work as founder of the “Cast Your Bread” movement, where hundreds of loaves (and other foods) are given away daily by both professional and amateur bakers across the country. Learn about all of these exciting projects in this latest episode of Pizza Talk.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 5: Ji Hye Kim, Korean Cuisine Re-imagined in Ann Arbor
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com