Pizza Talk: Glenn Roberts of Anson Mills, A Hero of Biodiversity
Glenn Roberts is a culinary rock star, not as a chef or a pizza maker or restaurant operator but as one of the most important influencers of our generation. He calls himself a “tractor donkey,” because he thinks of himself as a schlepper on behalf of farmers everywhere. He is a saver of (saviour of, really) heirloom and heritage seeds and his company, Anson Mills, has brought more landrace and endangered grains and pulses back into production and onto menus than anyone I know. He has been written about in Michael Pollan’s books and appears on all those Netflix documentaries about bio diversity, so many of you already know of him even if you don’t know much about him. That ends now, because, here he is, on Pizza Talk, in a tour de force conversation about the essential work he is doing to make a difference in the world, one acre at a time. You do not want to miss this episode.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 6: Geno From Jersey and His Grandma Pie
- Pizza Quest, Season Three, Episode 5: Ji Hye Kim, Korean Cuisine Re-imagined in Ann Arbor
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com