Pizza Talk: Andris Lagsdin and The Baking Steel
The Baking Steel has been a game changer in the pizza world and beyond ever since it arrived. It was “invented” by Andris Lagsdin and, in just a few short years, has gone from little known obscurity — a kind of private in-the-know kind of club — to now arriving at a status, just before fully tipping over, known as, “I just heard about this thing and I think I really want one.”
In this episode, hear from the inventor himself about how he did it, and watch him make a perfect pizza on the Steel in his home oven. If it is true that “Necessity is the mother of invention,” then this product is one serious mother….
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest: Anthony Mangieri, with Big News About His New Line of Frozen Pizzas
- Pizza Quest: Author Ron Costello on The Hill (Where Both He and Peter Grew Up)
- Pizza Quest: Bill Crawford, Winner of the Real California Pizza Contest
- Pizza Quest: Bagels with the Yodi’s
- Announcing My New Class at Pizza University
- Pizza Quest: Bagel’s Are Back! Featuring The Owner’s of Kismet Bagels
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com