Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
Welcome back to Pizza Talk!
Today’s guest is the embodiment of the old adage: Think globally but act locally. By that, I mean that Siler Chapman is a world pizza champion, a protege of Tony Gemignani, and is known well beyond the borders of this city, my city, our city, Charlotte, NC where we both live. As you will learn in this fun conversation, I have been a fan of Siler’s since I moved here 19 years ago, when he was was already a local 20 year old wonder-kid, and have watched him grow and navigate through the joys and challenges of his pizza (and life) journey, including his work as the co-founder of Perfecting Pizza, a consulting service that helps other operators build their own successful pizzerias. For the past few years he has reinvented himself, yet again, as a successful mobile pizza operator called The King of Fire, where is making the best pizza in town, popping up in new locations every day while simultaneously expanding his fleet. Join us as Siler shares his long and winding journey and gives us a tour of us his moveable feast of a pizza truck, The King of Fire.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com