Pizza Quest: Neapolitan Pizza and Sicilian Sfingione with Chef Ryan Hardy in NYC
Welcome back to Pizza Quest!
Chef Ryan Hardy has been killing it in the Lower East Side of New York City with his wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas and other fire-cooked menu items at Pasquale Jones. And now, a few yards away, he has opened a hot new Sicilian-themed cafe called Bar Pasquale, where sficione-style pan pizzas reign. Ryan describes his vision for both places and shows us the difference between these two classic styles of pizza. His description of Pasquale Jones Clam Pizza will be enough to make you want to head right over there, as so many others have, as soon as possible. It’s all here in this week’s episode of Pizza Quest with Peter Reinhart.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
- Special Pizza Brunch in Winston Salem
- A Conversation with Chef John Ash, The Godfather of Wine Country Cuisine, on His New Book
- Tony Gemignani on the SF Pizza, Beer, and Bagel Festival and Much More!
- Meathead Goldwyn: The Art and Science of Barbecue and Grilling
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com