Pizza Box of the Week #26: From Mona Lisa to George Clooney
This week’s episode features a whole new level of pizza box art, as you will see. I don’t want to say too much here, as it will ruin the surprise, but here are some clues and new words to add to your pizza lexicon: Calda Pizza; the “Walker-Lock” design; George Clooney, and Lake Como. Put them all together, as Scott Wiener will do for your here, and you are in for a special treat. And, as a topper, Scott and I come up with what may be the next great idea in pizza box design, so, if you are a box company, jump on this before someone else beats you to it.
Note: This will be the last episode of Pizza Box of the Week for 2020. But Scott returns in January, 2021 with a whole new season (after all, he has over 1,600 boxes in his collection and this is only Episode 26). Till then, have a joyous holiday celebration and we’ll see you back here in a few weeks!
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com