Pizza Box of the Week #25: The Winterland Holiday Box
Scott Wiener has often discussed pizza boxes not just in terms of functionality but also as works of art, and in this segment he brings such a box. As you will see, it is special edition box designed specifically for use during the holiday season conveys, in its own way, a sense of peace and tranquility. Since we can all use more of that, this is the ideal episode for this time of the year and at this time in history. Note also, at the end, details for how to send boxes that you discover to Scott to add to his Guinness Book of Records collection. If you didn’t write it down, you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org (important caveat: please don’t send him used boxes; his collection is full of pristine, pizza-virgin boxes, and Scott explains why this is necessary, as you will see in this segment).
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com