Pizza Box of the Week # 24: Sam’s in Brooklyn — a Classic!
This week, Scott brings us one from his own backyard, a box from Sam’s Pizza in Brooklyn that is so full of cliched images that it has become the reference point for all pizza box art cliches and, yet, strangely, it works. This box even became a template for the cover of a new book about pizza by Thom and James Elliot called, Pizza: A Book by Pizza Pilgrims (Note: look for an upcoming interview with the Pizza Pilgrims when we launch Season Two of Pizza Talk in January).
Today”s episode tackles the existential question of when does too much information overwhelm the box (short answer: never, but watch the video to see why_.).
And please join us each and every Saturday for another episode of Pizza Box of the Week with Scott Wiener.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 10: The Cheese Dude Returns Yet Again
- Exciting News! My New Pizza Quest Video Class
- Pizza Quest Season 3, Episode 9: Pizza Leah, Sonoma County’s Rising Star
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 8: Pane’ di Pala, the Birth of a New Product, with Michael Kalanty
- Pizza Quest Season Three, Episode 7: Eidref Laxa Searches for “What’s Good Dough?”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com