Another Rest in Peace: Tom Lehmann, “The Dough Doctor”
This has been a brutal year for so many of us and, with great sadness, we say farewell to the beloved “Dough Doctor,” Tom Lehmann, who succumbed to Covid last week. I had the privilege to sit on a few dough panels with Tom, who knew more about dough science than all of us combined, and who took such pleasure in sharing his knowledge with the world. He is the one columnist who was allowed to publish in both PMQ and Pizza Today because, well, his columns were so popular and a must read for anyone in the pizza game. Tom, you will be missed and never replaced. May your memory be eternal.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season 2, Episode 9: Ken Forkish and The Elements of Pizza
- Pizza Quest, Season Two, Episode 8: The King of Fire, Siler Chapman
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 7: Meet Mark Todd, the Cheese Dude
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 6: World Pizza Champion, Billy Manzo of Federal Hill Pizza
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 5: The Future of Olive Oil with Corto’s Lisa Pollack and David Garci-Aquirre
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com