Another Rest in Peace: Tom Lehmann, “The Dough Doctor”
This has been a brutal year for so many of us and, with great sadness, we say farewell to the beloved “Dough Doctor,” Tom Lehmann, who succumbed to Covid last week. I had the privilege to sit on a few dough panels with Tom, who knew more about dough science than all of us combined, and who took such pleasure in sharing his knowledge with the world. He is the one columnist who was allowed to publish in both PMQ and Pizza Today because, well, his columns were so popular and a must read for anyone in the pizza game. Tom, you will be missed and never replaced. May your memory be eternal.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 4: The Pizza Pilgrims — Living the Dream!
- Pizza Talk, Season Two, Episode 3: Peels on Wheels
- Pizza Talk Season Two, Episode 2: The Bar/Tavern/Parlor Pizza Renaissance
- Pizza Talk: Nina Mae Levin, the Founder of Stoney Hill Pizza on Martha’s Vineyard
- Pizza Box of the Week #26: From Mona Lisa to George Clooney
- Another Rest in Peace: Tom Lehmann, “The Dough Doctor”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com