Pizza Quest, Season 3, Episode 11: Amy Emberling, Zingerman’s Revisited
In this episode of Pizza Quest we return to Ann Arbor, Michigan for a visit with another member of the Zingerman’s Community of Businesses, this time with Amy Emberling. Amy is the managing partner at the world-famous Zingerman’s Bakehouse, where NY-Style rye bread meets San Francisco-style sourdough, and “Old School Apple Pie” gets reinvented using Michigan-grown apples with a crust made with the highest quality leaf lard. Amy shares with us the unique vision and philosophy that has made Zingerman’s an iconic brand and also a template for entrepreneurs in all types of businesses; it’s where the values of artisanship converge with a unique vision of ethical business practices, and something special can, and does, happen.
Recent Articles by Peter Reinhart
- Pizza Quest with guest Blaine Parker, of “Free the Pizza”
- Pizza Quest, with guest Ed Zimmerman on The Real California Pizza Contest Results
- Pizza Quest, with guest Wylie Dufresne of Stretch Pizza in NYC
- Pizza Quest: The Pizza Quest Online Pizza Course, with Director Kyle Ahlgren of ABC Online
- Pizza Quest with Guest Chef, Roy Elam, of Donna Jean: Plant Based Pizza to Die For
- Pizza Quest, with Guest Scott Deley, “The Ooni Pizza Project”
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com