Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Design Styles, Chimneys and Finish

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Show us your Door Thread

Still no stand for the WFO, use pipe scaffolding and corrugated sheet metal to keep the rain away... Also doing pizza "Japanese way" --ON YOUR KNEES--
Brickie might like that comment! At least I have settled on a location for the oven. Need to crash my wood pile structure and make a larger one that will accommodate the oven in the same construction...plan to make it out of 2" square tubing and c channel. Should be cheap enough and keep the weather away. That is the most important thing anyway...not trying to make an architectural statement. Just a simple build.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Master Builder

Could not find the photos--now OK.
scaffold WFO cover for week-end.
wood pile structure to be crashed and rebuilt.
chimney cap to keep rain out during a downpour! Man did we have rain both Saturday and Sunday--but oven still dry!
View inside "crack less" oven after maybe 15 hot burns--still "Crack less castable" Harrah!!

Show us your Door Thread-img_0049a.jpg

Show us your Door Thread-img_0052a.jpg

Show us your Door Thread-img_0054a.jpg

Show us your Door Thread-img_0056a.jpg
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Master Builder

Nice door Mikku. Very tidy indeed.

You might get your crust to puff some if you back the toppings off a bit from the edge but they do look tasty!

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 07-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Master Builder

Thanks for the advice. Have not tried the pizza directly on the brick yet--have to make the right tools. Eventually I will find the right routine and make some very special pizzas---maybe? What we made on Sunday, put smiles on the faces of the youngsters and oldsters that showed up. A fun for all evening --a break from the summer heat!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just moving this up to to took ages to find. Looking for ideas.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 AM
Apprentice

Just thought I should link to page 20 on my build. I created 3 doors.
I used technology that was quick and easy for me. I did not want to spend days or weeks just for doors. The insulated doors have good thermal conductivity characteristics, as metal is limited to the hot face side.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/51/n...-19976-20.html (New 36inch castable build in Brisbane)

Hope it helps someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your Door Thread-dsc02041.jpg.jpg   Show us your Door Thread-dsc02044.jpg.jpg   Show us your Door Thread-dsc02047.jpg.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good to see someone built a portal pot lid door, I never use mine with a live fire but nice job on yours.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Apprentice

That "pot lid" door is awesome. Any idea what the thermal limits would be with something like that (i.e. what would be too hot)?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATK406 View Post
That "pot lid" door is awesome. Any idea what the thermal limits would be with something like that (i.e. what would be too hot)?
I only use mine for baking bread and such.

The window (pot lid) will become covered in condensation and will drip water on the inside until the temp equalizes.

I have a 550 degree oven max when using it so not sure what the top range is.

BTW ... I do use it in the winter at -10F so the temperature spread in the winter is well over 550F degrees. No Problems with thermal shock so far but I take care not to drop the door in the snow when it is hot.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATK406 View Post
Hi ATK406

The door is great and use it the most. The photo shows the door in "blast door mode"
and inside face is stainless steel around the port hole (pot lid). The photo shows the door pulled back from the oven dome entrance. The thermometer gets to 200c - 250c max. Most of the heat goes up the flue. And think the door would reflect back some heat. It also looks good

My build has a a flared entrance, (its not brick) and has a couple of inches gap around the door in the photo.

Note that it works equity well for baking, and bread, though I am still in the experimental stage with the oven.

Cheers.