Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Laborer

Default New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Hi All
Starting a pre-cut kit build after a year of surfing and viewing forums etc. Time to get on with it. I'm fairly time poor (and $$ like everyone ) I commenced a major renovation of the house in 2009 and work remote regularly and now want to add an oven to the list of almost completed jobs.
I have a son who's good on CAD so he has done the render to give me something to aspire to.
First post so I hope the photos etc are OK.
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-oven-site.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-oven-location.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-pizza-oven-render.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Hi and welcome aboard

Just a thought have you thought of a corner build in that same space. Aesthetically it might look better as guests will be able to see the fire. Assuming the space its big enough. It will provide more ambience in the indoor outdoor space

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Apprentice

yeah I second that. A corner build would look great there, though you might not have enough room for a corner build.
What size oven are you building?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteceeper View Post
Hi All
Starting a pre-cut kit build
What is this? Does someone offer a kit with all the wedge shapes and tapers already cut to size?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
What is this? Does someone offer a kit with all the wedge shapes and tapers already cut to size?
I came across a Melbourne refractory company when looking for bricks for my build. From what I can remember the wedge bricks are all the same size and agle.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Les

Check Melbourne firebrick he does the pre cut kit. I think crocau used this kit for his build. Check it out on Australian section

Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-05-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You will be cramped for room the way you have it and wont be able to work the oven properly.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Welcome on board, great to see another Aussie and especially a fellow Adelaidian.

I agree with the other comments and recommend that you rotate your oven 45˚ clockwise for the following reasons.
1. increase the limited space to use your oven tools when others are using the nearby (adjacent) available bench space to assemble their pizzas,
2. allow more room for your guests to assemble their food without being hit with a peel handle,
3. allow the heat that radiates from the open oven into your area without going directly onto the assembly bench
4. allow your guests to view the oven internals and the pizzas cooking.

You shouldn't need any "extra space" for this move as the opening will fall over the generally unused corner of the base.
My oven and outdoor kitchen is similar and with the oven built into a corner on the angle, works well.

Good luck with your build.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 08-06-2013, 04:06 AM
Laborer

Smile Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Hi and welcome aboard

Just a thought have you thought of a corner build in that same space. Aesthetically it might look better as guests will be able to see the fire. Assuming the space its big enough. It will provide more ambience in the indoor outdoor space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne73 View Post
yeah I second that. A corner build would look great there, though you might not have enough room for a corner build.
What size oven are you building?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
You will be cramped for room the way you have it and wont be able to work the oven properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
Welcome on board, great to see another Aussie and especially a fellow Adelaidian.

I agree with the other comments and recommend that you rotate your oven 45˚ clockwise for the following reasons.
1. increase the limited space to use your oven tools when others are using the nearby (adjacent) available bench space to assemble their pizzas,
2. allow more room for your guests to assemble their food without being hit with a peel handle,
3. allow the heat that radiates from the open oven into your area without going directly onto the assembly bench
4. allow your guests to view the oven internals and the pizzas cooking.

You shouldn't need any "extra space" for this move as the opening will fall over the generally unused corner of the base.
My oven and outdoor kitchen is similar and with the oven built into a corner on the angle, works well.

Good luck with your build.

Neill
Thanks all for the above advice.
I like the idea of radiating the heat and letting everyone have a view of the oven in operation. I will now get the CAD monkey onto a new render with a corner unit. I have received the kit and post photos in seperate post.

Thanks again Liteceeper
Old 08-06-2013, 04:36 AM
Laborer

Smile Re: New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne73 View Post
I came across a Melbourne refractory company when looking for bricks for my build. From what I can remember the wedge bricks are all the same size and agle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
Les

Check Melbourne firebrick he does the pre cut kit. I think crocau used this kit for his build. Check it out on Australian section
Hi All
Received kit from Ben at Melbourne Fire Brick Co. in Victoria.
Bricks come cut and tapered to size. I was looking for a one stop shop to buy the basic materials and found site after surfing for plans.
Also provided are arch formwork, floor template and trammel tool.

I have posted some photos of unpacking kit.

Liteceeper
Attached Thumbnails
New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-precut-kit.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_1.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_2.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_3.jpg   New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_4.jpg  

New pre-cut kit build in Adelaide-kit-unpack_5.jpg