Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Outdoor Kitchens and Living Rooms > Outdoor Kitchen Design

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Laborer

Default Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build

Hey All,

This is actually my first post. I have been reading this site for a few weeks now getting ideas for my outdoor kitchen which will have a 42" brick WFO and a custom built grill. I am currently getting ready to finish the forms on the pizza oven structural support slab. Here are some pics showing the progress from the start to now including the build of the custom grill.

This is the clean slate and my little helper

This is the orginal foundation slab for the outdoor kitchen before we decided to go crazy and do the pizza oven so I had to make a few minor adjustments.

More pics to come
Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build

Here are some more pictures and this time I figured out the thumbnail thing on here. First pic is the block walls for the first section, the custom grill I am building will be in the center. Third pic is all the block done and the forms up for the concrete countertop. The fourth pic is the rebar reinforcment for the counter top all welded together and ready to set in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-10.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-19.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-21.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-22.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-25.jpg  

Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That's a beautiful looking slab.
Keep the pics coming!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Laborer

Thanks Ken,
I actually just posted some more pics, they should show up in a little bit, after it gets reviewed / approved.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Laborer

Here is the next round of pics. They are all of the countertop pour. Next up is the building of the grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-31.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-34.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-36.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-37.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-outdoor-kitchen-38.jpg  

Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Steel and Stone,

If you don't mind I would like to add your concrete counter pour to a thread I started on concrete counters. Are you hard troweling or polishing?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Laborer

UtahBeehiver,

Feel free to add anything you like to the thread. I normally hard trowel just about all the tops I pour. I do have polishing equipment and have ground some down to expose the aggregate but most of the time I hard trowel and then come back with a slury and trowel that in to add some marbling. All the countertops in my house are also concrete, I guess I am addicted to them.
here is a pic of the master bath top in my house we sold in Florida. I also cast the concrete vessel sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-master-bath-1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Laborer

Next up was to build the grill. I decided on sort of a hybrid I guess you could call it. I like the argentine style grills with v-grates and the ability to adjust the grill grate height but most of them are an open style and I still wanted a top on mine as we do cook a lot of low and slow stuff also; so I came up with a grill that has the v-grate, adjustable height, and a three section cover. Here is the first round of the fabrication pics of it along with the test fit. I figured this way if I measured and cut anything twice and it was still too short I would rather find out now.
Attached Thumbnails
Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-1.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-4.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-5.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-7.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-9.jpg  

Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Laborer

In these pics I welded on some of the side supports and the uprights with the bearing carriers for the crank shaft that runs from side to side.
Attached Thumbnails
Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-10.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-11.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-12.jpg   Nashville, TN. Outdoor Kitchen and WFO Build-custom-grill-14.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, nice metal work. Those Argentinian's know how to grill, spent a couple summers in Bueno Aires.