Roasted Soft Shell Crabs with Potato and Corn Hash
A delicious date night treat! Enjoy the smokey, sweet flavors of roasted soft-shell crab with a compliment of sauteed vegetables in this prep-ahead, one-dish, wood-fired meal.
- 2 Soft Shell Crabs - Cleaned
- 4 Red Skinned Potatoes - Diced, boiled to fork tender, shocked in ice bath
- 2 Ears Fresh Corn - Cut off the cob
- 1 shallot - Minced
- 4 Sprigs Fresh thyme - Leaves picked
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper - For seasoning to taste
- Lemon wedges - optional
Preheat your wood fired oven to a high temperature.
Prep your potatoes and corn.
Preheat your cast iron pan in the pizza oven until hot.
Add the olive oil to the cast iron pan, add the potatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add the corn, shallot, butter, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
Rinse the soft shell crabs in cold water, Lay the on top of the vegetables.
Cook in the pizza oven until the shells turn bright pink. Remove and serve. Optional garnishes include lemon wedges and melted butter for dipping.