Old 03-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Pompeii Plans Ready for Download

The PDF version of the plans are ready for download. The eBook is 67 pages, with photos, tables, graphs, etc. I think it is a big step forward, and it gives us a good reference point for improving the plans and adding more detail and useful information in the future.

My thanks to everyone who gave their time to the editing process. Thank you all very much. We will continue to take input on the plans, and keep making them better, so send recommendations and comments to me at james@fornobravo.com.

For version control, I have included a verion number in the footer of each page, which is currently Ver. 1.1. Like a software publisher, we will track new versions of the plans, where the first number (Ver. 2.0) will represent a major upgrade, and the second number (Ver. 1.2) will present more minor improvements.

To access the plans, go the the FB Store (http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Inst...p-1-c-260.html), and register. The plans are under Instruction Manuals and eBooks category. After you "order" the free plans, you will receive an email with the download link. Be patient.It might take a couple of hours for the download email to arrive. It should be easy (and I hope it works).

Let us know how it goes for you and what you think.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Plans Ready for Download-cover_art_450.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 03-11-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Pompeii Plans Ready for Download

(J) "To access the plans, go the the FB Store (http://www.fornobravo.com/store), and register.

(M) Been there, done that; got this:

"Page Not Found on www.fornobravo.com

We're sorry. We can't find the page you are looking for on www.fornobravo.com.

If you can't find the information you are looking for, you can reach us at info@fornobravo.com."

Ciao,

Marcel
Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Journeyman

(M) I tried adding a / after 'store' and it worked, as follows

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/

but, ....

(M) I was able to go there directly by Copy-Pasting:

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Inst...p-1-c-260.html

(M) Even simpler might be to Copy-Paste:

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Pomp...f-p-16249.html

(M) But when I entered my Log In Info. I got the following message:

" Forno Bravo Store

Page not found!
The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it! "

=========================================

Ciao,

Marcel
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Journeyman

(M) I RE-registered, using the same User Name, and Password as I've used for 2 years and got an acknowledgment that I was registered. I then ordered the plans and have gotten the Invoice by Email and the download instructions.

(M) Will try to download them now. Thanks.

Ciao,

Marcel

Last edited by Marcel; 03-11-2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Key arrived
Old 03-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Marcel,

I appear to be stuck in the same vortex. Also, was the members list removed? - I can't seem to find it.

Les...
Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hello Marcel, JB and Les,

Right now the store is programmed where I have to manually approve each request to have the download email sent. I am working on that, but for now it might take a couple of hours for that email to show up. You should have them now.

Les, the FB Store and Forum have diffferent member lists, so you have to register a second time on the store. Sorry about that.

Also, I have gone back and updated the original posting to show the right URL for the plans, and a note on the delay before getting the download email.

Sorry for the slow start.
James

Last edited by james; 03-11-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Journeyman

(M) "File not supported". James your .pdf file ends with .sitx

(M) I'm no "wire head" but I don't remember ever having downloaded a .pdf file that has anything appended such as your .sitx. Could that be why I was not able to open the .pdf file?

Ciao,

Marcel
Old 03-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Ah,

The file was very large, so I had to compress it with Stuffit (.sitx). You can unstuff the file with a free utility, and many email readers will open it automatically. If you can search your computer for a stuffit reader, you should be able to open it. If not, you will need to download a fee Stuffit reader.

I can compress the file into any format, so if there is a more widely used format for Windows, let me know, and I can change it.

We would consider just using the basic PDF file -- without compression. It's a bigger file, but the compression will not be an issue.

Marcel, let me know it goes for you.
James

Old 03-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Apprentice

Stuffit is more prevalent in the Mac world (I think..). I had to go and download and install Stuffit to decompress it. (more downloading, registration forms, confirmation emails etc..)

If you have to compress it, maybe a .zip format would be better for Windows users.

On the other hand, the compressed file is 3.53MB and the uncompressed PDF is 4.61MB. Not that much bigger. I'd suggest to have it as an uncompressed download, do people can open it straight up in their PDF reader.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Apprentice

Hi James, .zip for windows users please. .sit files are very uncommon to windows users. Or as was pointed out, the .pdf isn't all that inefficient in itself.