Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Master Builder

Default My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Hello all,
I've been hanging around this site going over the all the good information for some time now. I had wanted to build some type of built in BBQ on my patio for some years now. Searching for ideas I stumble across the FB site. I fell in love with idea of building my own pizza oven and all the other potential uses. I quickly dove in head first with some of my rough designs. My oven stand is up a ready for some insulation and firebrick. The stand was the easy part for me, having some construction back ground. Now the fun begins. Soon as I get over my fear of cutting my first fire brick. Wish me luck. I’m in the process of building that indispensible tool. I have a few questions if anyone is interested. I plan on mounting a rod on to a door hinge. I am considering using the hole in the hinge already, to use as the pivot point. This will have some offset from dead center of the oven. But I think it will still work and also lower the inside height dimension a little. Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Click on the blue arrow to go to the thread about my foundation
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0011.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0025.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0038.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0066.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0082.jpg  

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0084.jpg  

Last edited by kbartman; 08-02-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added link to foundation thread
Old 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Very nice. I like the location. Try to keep it clean, it can get dirty very fast.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Master Builder

Thanks... The oven or job site?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Laborer

Smile Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Nice location..do you have easy access outside from where the oven is?.. I would for sure do all my cutting and mixing out doors that pool would get really dirty with all of the brick dust. Looks Great!

Trellis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Master Builder

Cool Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

I plan on cutting the bricks inside. I have a ten inch wet saw I borrowed from a friend. I used the saw to cut the entire tile for my bathroom remodel. The mess was manageable on the patio. Thanks for the input I Need all I can get from this point. My insulation for the floor should be here on Friday. I bought the fb board the first shipment was damaged. Any suggestions on setting the floor insulation. Protecting it is a concern; it is a lot more fragile than I thought.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Laborer

Cool Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Those bricks put off way more dust than your tiles did, honest..Make sure you wear a mask, it will make a cloud..even if you soak them. Cover your pool!

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Your tool should work just fine. The off set will be minimal - well within the tolerance of brickwork. How do you plan on venting outside of your netting? Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Thanks... The oven or job site?
The job site.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...
We have a product here in Oz called fly spray, it comes in a pressure pack and you just aim and squirt.
It gets in their eyes and stops them from seeing where they are going, they crash into the windows and get brain damage then die.

They also sell low irritant, but I always buy the high irritant just to make the little buggers suffer some more.
david s likes this.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 03-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

nice work on the monolithic arch pour.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log

Tags
chimney, flue